- Life cycle and attacks of ectoparasites on ruminants during the year in Central Europe: recommendations for treatment with insecticides (e.g., Butox)
Heinz Mehlhorn & Khaled A. S. Al-Rasheid & Fathy Abdel-Ghaffar & Sven Klimpel & Herbert Pohle
Parasitology Research (2010)
- Evaluation of Deltamethrin applications in the control of tsetse and trypanosomosis in the southern rift valley areas of Ethiopia (353k)
Jemere Bekele, Kassahun Asmare, Getachew Abebe, Gelagay Ayelet, Esayas Gelaye
Veterinary Parasitology 168 (2010) 177–184
- Does rain reduce the efficacy of Butox 7.5 pour on (deltamethrin) against biting midges (Culicoides specimens)? (94k)
A study to determine if Butox 7.5 pour-on remains effective when test animals are made thoroughly wet twice weekly over a period of 28 days.
- Effective bluetongue protection even in wet conditions (511k)download
Isolation of bluetongue virus serotypes 2, 9 and 15 from sheep in IndiaY. R. Bommineni, MVSc, Y. N. Reddy, PhD, P. P. Rao, MVSc, D. Sudheer, MVSc, B. Susmitha, MSc, B. J. Sarma, PhD and M. V. Subba Rao, PhDThe Veterinary Record 163:545-546 (2008)
- Evidence for transplacental and contact transmission of bluetongue virus in cattle(198k)
F. D. Menzies, I. M. McKeown, J. G. Fallows, S. J. McCullough, J. L. Forster, S. Jess, A. K. Murchie, C. Batten, P. S. Mellor, C. A. L. Oura, J. Gloster, W. Pelgrim.
The Veterinary Record, August 16, 2008
- Symposium – “Bluetongue in Europe, back to the future!!” (48k)
7 June 2008
A pro-med mail post about the EPIZONE symposium held in Brescia, Italy
- Understanding midges helps control spread (546k)
The importance of controlling the vectors of Bluetongue, Culicoides midges, to prevent disease.
- Overwintering of BTV-8 in the UK & Northern Europe
Karin Darpel, Chris Oura, and Philip Mellor from the Arbovirology Department, IAH, Pirbright
30 April 2008
view on ec.europa.eu website